The best advice for tackling your toughest problems often comes from peers who can offer fresh perspective, or who have overcome the same issue themselves. In the spirit of supporting these valuable connections, CEO Update created this new platform for senior executives.
The COO Forum is a peer group for senior association executives that is designed to create an environment in which association executives can learn from one another, share information and best practices and acquire position-specific professional development to achieve their organization’s mission and goals. COO Forum members will meet biannually in Washington, D.C.
The COO Forum is designed to be small networking group in order to foster meaningful exchange of ideas and solid, productive bonds among members. To that end, membership will be capped at 50 members. See a full list of members
- Virtual meetings every other month focused on addressing the most pressing issues facing association execs
- Print subscription and online access to CEO Update
- Access to Association Intel
- Registration to all CEO Update LIVE events (currently virtual)
- When restrictions on gatherings lift, the group will convene in two annual half-day meetings
Annual membership fee: $1,200*
*Current members of CEO Update can apply their existing membership toward the membership fee
Invitations are extended to COOs and those with similar responsibilities at large associations.
A Steering Committee guides this group and content at the biannual meetings. Steering Committee members are:
- Jeff Glenzer, COO, Association for Financial Professionals
- Terry Jorde, Sr. EVP/Chief of Staff, Independent Community Bankers of America
- Elizabeth Stewart, COO, CFP Board
- Lori Traweek, COO, American Gas Association
COO FORUM MEETINGS
In consultation with the steering committee, these semiannual meetings will include member-driven discussions on a number of position-specific topics, including staff management/talent development, coalition building, project management and nondues revenue development as well as best practices in communications, advocacy strategies, membership and key administrative functions (finance, HR, IT, etc.).
CEO Update will convene subject matter expertise to lead discussions, such as executive recruiters and authorities in IT, association management and human resources.
Content and discussions will continue to evolve and expand to address new issues and challenges facing members of this peer group.
COO FORUM SPONSOR