The CEO Update Roundtable is an exclusive, invitation-only peer group of CEOs who lead the most visible, influential and effective associations.
A key benefit of this new membership is an invitation to the CEO Update Roundtable Summit, a one-day retreat where members gather to discuss their most pervasive leadership challenges, with structured sessions from leading experts on topics such as disruption, communication and digital strategy, managing complex organizations and leading change.
Members will come away from the Summit with new ideas on how to lead their organization, how to manage change coming to every association, and new ways to tackle stubborn problems. Join the Roundtable
In lieu of in-person meetings in early 2021, CEO Update is hosting quarterly virtual meetings and Zoom calls for Roundtable members as well as hosting industry-expert briefings for members.
Seeing Around Corners—Rita McGrath
Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021 at 11:00 AM (EST)
If seeing around corners is not your #1 job description as an association executive, you might be doing it wrong. That ability, though, is getting increasingly difficult. And it's not just the pandemic, it's also the increasing pace of new technology and disrupters than can seemingly appear out of nowhere.
Rita McGrath really impressed us when we met her four years ago. She's a longtime professor at Columbia Business School and best-selling author, but more than that, she quickly gets people to think about their problems differently. That's a skill we all need right now.
We're planning an interactive event, so this will be more like a Zoom call, where you'll see and hear your peers thoughts and views. Space is limited, so please RSVP if you'd like attend.
Roundtable membership includes:
Invitations to quarterly peer group meetings
Invitations to CEO-only presentations from industry experts
An exclusive invitation to the Roundtable Summit
Print subscription and online access to CEO Update
Two CEO Update memberships assignable to staff members
The annual CEO Update Salary Guide
Access to Association Intel
Registration to all CEO Update LIVE events
The annual membership fee is $2,500
(Membership is capped at 150 members)
If you are already a member of CEO Update, you may be entitled to a pro-rated discount on the membership fees. Please contact Mark Graham at 202-721-7652 or graham@CEOupdate.com to see if you qualify
This is an invitation-only membership level. To ensure a group of true peers, qualifying members are CEOs of national or international associations with more than $5 million in annual revenue or more than $1 million in annual lobbying expenditures. Both qualifying criteria are measured from public disclosures from the IRS and Congress.
A Steering Committee for the Roundtable helps guide this group and programming for the Summit. Steering Committee members are:
- Shirley Bloomfield, CEO, NTCA—The Rural Broadband Association
- Kevin Burke, President & CEO, Airports Council International-North America
- Steve Caldeira, President and CEO, Household and Commercial Products Association
- Kevin R. Keller, CEO, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Robert P. Koch, President & CEO, Wine Institute
- Tom Kuhn, President, Edison Electric Institute
- Michelle Korsmo, President & CEO, Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of America
- Jeffrey D. Morgan, CEO, Club Management Association of America
- Susan K. Neely, President & CEO, American Council of Life Insurers
- Leslie Sarasin, President and CEO, Food Marketing Institute
- Gary J. Shapiro, President & CEO, Consumer Technology Association
- Matthew R. Shay, President & CEO, National Retail Federation
- Bob Weidner, President & CEO, Metals Service Center Institute