The best advice for tackling your toughest problems often comes from peers who can offer fresh perspective, or who have overcome the same issue themselves. In the spirit of supporting these valuable connections, CEO Update created this new platform for senior executives.
The CCO Forum, short for Chief Communications Officer Forum, is a peer group for senior communications executives that is designed to create an environment in which association executives can learn from one another, share information and best practices and acquire position-specific professional development to achieve their organization’s mission and goals. COO Forum members will meet biannually in Washington, D.C.
The CCO Forum is designed to be small networking group in order to foster meaningful exchange of ideas and solid, productive bonds among members. To that end, membership will be capped at 40 members. See a full list of members
- Biannual peer group meetings
- Informal lunch meetings hosted by members (approx. 2x a year, please contact Lynn McNutt for next lunch meeting date)
- Print subscription and online access to CEO Update
- Access to Association Intel
- Registration and premier seating at all CEO Update LIVE events
Annual membership fee: $1,200*
*Current members of CEO Update can apply their existing membership toward the membership fee
Invitations are extended to those leading communications efforts for large associations, those with more than $20 million in revenue, or whose CEO is a member of the either Roundtable peer group.
A Steering Committee guides this group and content at the biannual meetings. Steering Committee members are:
- Megan H. Barnett Bloomgren, VP, Communications, American Petroleum Institute
- Peter C. Cook, EVP and Chief Communications Officer, American Bankers Association
- Jessica Hanson Hanna, SVP, Public Affairs, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- Sue Hensley, EVP, Communications and Public Affairs, American Trucking Associations
- Mike McNamee, Chief Public Communications Officer, Investment Company Institute
- Erin Streeter, SVP, Communications, National Association of Manufacturers
- Bill Thorne, SVP, Communications and Public Affairs, National Retail Federation
- Katherine Trinidad, SVP, Communications and Public Affairs, American Council of Life Insurers
CCO FORUM MEETINGS
Content at the biannual CCO Forum meetings are member driven and will encourage sharing of information among peers, including best practices in social media, digital communications, crisis management, advocacy communications, member engagement and how to benchmark your communications efforts. Meetings will also include relevant subject-matter experts to discuss latest trends in communications and new tools to advance the agendas of associations.
Content and discussions will continue to evolve and expand to address new issues and challenges facing members of this peer group.
June 5, 2018
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Jan. 17, 2018
10:00 am to 2:00 pm