Two new peer-networking groups, launched last month by CEO Update for executive staff in associations, are more than 75 percent full and are expected to close to new members until 2019. The COO Forum’s members consist of chief operating officers, as well as the de facto number two in associations. The CCO Forum, for chief communications officers, is designed for those leading communications efforts within an association.
The Forums are an invitation-only membership level of CEO Update and are designed to convene a peer group of executives with similar backgrounds and shared set of responsibilities. Membership is limited to executives working for large associations (+$20 million in revenue). The cornerstone benefit of membership are biannual, half-day meetings where members will gather to discuss critical issues facing their organizations and how to address them.
Discussions at the peer group meetings are designed to be member-driven and initially led by a steering committee of association leaders in the field represented by the group. To ensure meaningful exchange of ideas and productive bonds among members, each Forum membership is limited to 35 executives.
Members of each Forum will meet biannually in Washington, D.C. The COO Forum’s first meeting is set for Jan. 9, 2018; the CCO Forum will meet Jan. 17, 2018. For more information, including membership prerequisites, please visit www.ceoupdate.com/networking-forums
COO FORUM MEMBERS
- Jennifer Ahearn, American Assn. of Colleges of Nursing
- Anna Amselle, Nat’l. Recreation and Park Assn.
- Paul Archambeault, Airlines for America
- Elisabeth Barna, American Trucking Assns.
- Andrew Beal, Nat’l. Assn. of Insurance Commissioners
- Todd Boppell, Nat’l. Assn. of Manufacturers
- Renee Brauns, American Optometric Assn.
- Jeannie Campbell, Nat’l. Council for Behavioral Health
- Kevin Carey, American Hotel & Lodging Assn.
- Julie Coons, Council of Better Business Bureaus
- Joe Cowden, Nat’l. Automobile Dealers Assn.
- Peter Gallary, Investment Company Institute
- Jeff Glenzer, Assn. for Financial Professionals
- Abigail Gorman, American Institute of Architects
- Eric Hoplin, Financial Services Roundtable
- Terry Jorde, Independent Community Bankers of America
- Kevin Madden, Nat’l. Apartment Assn.
- Glenda McMullin, Consumer Technology Assn.
- Uma Ramesh, Int’l. City/County Management Assn.
- Phyllis Rich, Nuclear Energy Institute
- Susan Robertson, ASAE
- Rick Robinson, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Pete Scott, North American Veterinary Community
- Elizabeth Stewart, CFP Board
- Terri Swetnam, Nat’l. Defense Industrial Assn.
- Megan Tanel, Assn. of Equipment Manufacturers
- Lori Traweek, American Gas Assn.
- Heidi Voorhees, Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Assn.
CCO FORUM MEMBERS
- Holly Arthur, Portland Cement Assn.
- Matthew Bennett, Motion Picture Assn. of America
- Anita Brikman, Consumer Healthcare Products Assn.
- Jonathan Collegio, Nat’l. Automobile Dealers Assn.
- Kathy Compton, American Institute of Architects
- Greg Crist, Advanced Medical Technology Assn.
- Steve Danon, Nat’l. Restaurant Assn.
- Nicole Hallada, Assn. of Equipment Manufacturers
- Beth Hampton, American Assn. for Clinical Chemistry
- Anne Kolton, American Chemistry Council
- Kristin Ludwig, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Derede McAlpin, Assn. of Corporate Counsel
- John Mechem, Mortgage Bankers Assn.
- Katherine Trinidad, American Council of Life Insurers
- Bailey Wood, Nat’l. Stone, Sand and Gravel Assn.
- Chris Dolnack, Nat’l. Shooting Sports Foundation
- Brian Turmail, Associated General Contractors of America
- Megan Barnett Bloomgren, American Petroleum Institute
- Peter Cook, American Bankers Assn.
- Jessica Hanna, Property Casualty Insurers Assn. of America
- Sue Hensley, American Trucking Assns.
- Jeff Joseph, Consumer Technology Assn.
- Mike McNamee, Investment Company Institute
- Patricia Reilly, Assn. of American Railroads
- Erin Streeter, Nat’l. Assn. of Manufacturers
- Bill Thorne, Nat’l. Retail Federation