Use this list as a resource for querying recruiters and search committees about the search process and the hiring organization. Exercise judgment about how many questions to ask and do your own research as well. (See related story.)
- Describe the process. What is the timeline? Where are you in the process now?
- Is diversity important to this search committee? How do they define that?
- Describe the perfect candidate.
- What kind of leader is the board looking for?
- What about my background do you think is a fit for what the search committee is looking for? What gaps do you see?
- What is the compensation range?