Oct. 17, 2017
By Lori Sharn
Consider joining CEO Update. Membership gives full access to the latest intelligence on association management, career advancement, compensation trends and networking events, as well as hundreds of listings for senior-level association jobs.
The Brewers Association launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise $213 billion—enough money to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev.
The tongue-in-cheek effort is really aimed at raising awareness about the acquisition of craft breweries by Big Beer. The association objects to those beers being presented to consumers as “authentically independent.” The association also recently released a “Certified Independent Craft” seal.
The Take Back Craft campaign encourages breweries and beer drinkers to spread the message, via social media, with images and animations. A humorous video had nearly 14,000 views by Tuesday, a day after the launch, and supporters had pledged $1.7 million.
The Brewers Association said it is not actually collecting money or any credit card information – just pledges. http://bit.ly/2gq0TUL
MORE CEO DATELINE
- CEOs join task force to expand apprenticeships
- Tobacco group co-founder pleads guilty to fraud
- Advertising groups seek industry regulation of annoying online ads
- Sociological association seeks to educate Chief Justice Roberts on science
- U.S. Chamber appoints new U.S.-India Business Council president