Jan. 10, 2018
By Lori Sharn
Consider joining CEO Update. Membership gives full access to the latest intelligence on association management, career advancement, compensation trends and networking events, as well as hundreds of listings for senior-level association jobs.
A Los Angeles-based association announced a new name Jan. 10 to emphasize its expanding national membership.
CAPG is now known as America’s Physician Groups: Taking Responsibility for America’s Health. The organization says its members include nearly 300 multispecialty medical groups and independent practice associations across 45 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico. Members focus on delivering comprehensive, coordinated care for patients.
The organization has been known as CAPG, The Voice of Accountable Physician Groups, since 2013. Previously, it was the California Association of Physician Groups.
Donald Crane has been CEO since 2001. Revenue in 2014 was $6 million, according to IRS tax filings.
MORE CEO DATELINE
- Independent truckers association president dies
- Plans for coal, nuclear subsidies nixed, disappointing industry associations
- Internet Association seeks court action on net neutrality
- Financial, tech associations support data breach notification law
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers acquires data analytics firm